Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Easter Eggs

EggDying2012A
My sister and I can't possibly have an Easter without dyed eggs. In my last post I mentioned we were going to try Martha's egg dye technique of just food coloring, vinegar and hot water. It totally worked! The longer the eggs sat in the color, the richer the color was. The results were beautiful and we will definitely do it this way again.
EggDying2012B
EggDying2012C
EggDying2012D
EggDying2012E
EggDying2012F
EggDying2012G
EggDying2012H
EggDying2012I
Dye Ingredients:
<< 20 drops food coloring
<< 1 tsp. white vinegar
<< 1 cup hot water

This method made some lovely Easter pastels as well as some really rich hues. And we had everything we needed on hand already which made this a practically free homemade project. Hope you're doing some eggs this year too. Happy decorating <3

1 comment:

Celestial said...

Wow, I can't remember the last time I dyed Easter Eggs. That's probably in part to the fact that I can't help hubby eat them.